As the Chapter’s new AHIP Credentialing Liaison, I’m very happy to announce an extension of the following award (which was created by Debbie Rand, former Liaison, and the Chapter Board before I took the position).
If you have any questions about or need assistance with your AHIP application (whether you are a first timer or not), please do not hesitate to contact me.
Barbara S. Reich, MLS, AHIP
Director, Medical Library
Hackensack University Medical Center
O: 551-996-2326 | F: 551-996-2467
AHIP First-Time Applicant Award
Purpose: To encourage members of the NY-NJ Chapter to apply for membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals [AHIP].
Award: Participant will be reimbursed for the AHIP application fee ($200 Academy Member level or above, or $135 Provisional level).
- Current member of the NY-NJ Chapter of MLA and of MLA (National) as of date of AHIP application.
- First time applicant for AHIP membership.
- Completed AHIP documentation and payment submitted to the Medical Library Association between September 29, 2014 and September 25, 2015.
Submit the following via email to Barbara S. Reich (firstname.lastname@example.org), AHIP Chapter Credentialing Liaison:
- Letter of Application stating briefly why you are applying for AHIP membership and how it will assist your professional goals. Submission of this letter indicates your willingness to be quoted in material promoting this award and AHIP itself. If you prefer to remain anonymous if quoted, please so state with your submission.
- Proof of submission of AHIP documentation
- Proof of payment
- Proof of MLA membership
Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
At least two awards covering the fee for AHIP membership will be available. Applications must be received by September 25, 2015.
Awardees will be determined by a random drawing of all applications received that meet all the criteria. Each application will be numbered in order as it is received, and an Internet random number generator will be used to choose the two winning applications. Applicants will be notified by October 9, 2015.
Awardees will be acknowledged at the Chapter’s Annual Meeting.