This free MOOC is available through the SJSU School of Information starting September 22, 2104 and runs through November 2, 2014.
More information and enrollment here: https://slisweb.sjsu.edu/programs/moocs/emerging-future-technology-issues-and-trends-mooc.
From the site:
“The technology landscape changes rapidly, and these changes have economic, social, and ethical significance for individuals, organizations, and the entire world. The Emerging Future: Technology Issues and Trends MOOC brings focus to the planning skills that are needed, the issues that are involved, and the current trends as we explore the potential impact of technological innovations.
Participants will experience an interactive online learning environment via a wide range of tools and diverse materials (e.g., freely accessible readings, recorded presentations, and online videos), and they will have an opportunity to:
- Explore the current technological environment.
- Become immersed in the literature and practices of current futurists.
- Select appropriate resources to use in planning for new technologies.
- Discuss key impact factors and trends affecting our personal and global existence.
- Engage with peers and instructors, heightening their learning and taking full advantage of this professional development opportunity.
- Earn badges and MOOC certification on completion of activities related to each of the modules.”